The end of summer is always bitter sweet, but the sweet side is über tasty. Farmers markets are packed with ripe fruits and vegetables in every shade. Like big booty girls stuffed in to tight jeans, peaches and tomatoes are plentiful and bursting at the seams with flavor. That’s exactly what inspired this simple recipe (the fresh fruit, not the derrières).
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 peaches
- 1 big handful of fresh basil
- ¼ small red onion
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
- 3 dashes of tarragon vinegar
- Cut the cherry tomatoes lengthwise.
- Slice each peach in half and discard the seed. Dice the peaches in to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Finely dice the red onion so very small pieces make their way through the finished salad.
- Hand shred the basil in to large pieces.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegars, salt, pepper and agave until incorporated.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and enjoy.
Bootylicious Peach and Tomato Salad is best enjoyed immediately or within a few hours.
Get your grub on!