I was a rebel kid. I was the kind of kid who hated all convention but had a divine love for the peculiar. For example, I hated football and absolutely loved John Waters. I suppose many kids of the 90's took the very same approach to life, but with age comes
Go Ravens! Go Flacco!
Even though I found a love for football hidden deep within my mutinous psyche, I still like to avoid fanatical football fans. You know, the guys that climb light poles and set fires. You know… those guys. I could not brave the wild crowds yesterday, so I stayed home and threw together a mini feast starting with this creamy avocado Thai basil pasta which only takes minutes to make. I have been tweaking this recipe for awhile adding spices here and playing with flavors there. It turns out the true beauty of this pasta dish shines when a more modest approach is taken.
Take the conventional avocado and make this inspired dish, It will help feed your inner rebel.
Creamy Avocado Thai Basil Pasta
Time in kitchen: 15 minutes
Cooking level: Super Easy
Servings: 8 (4 weight watcher points per serving)
- 1 pound fusilli pasta, cooked and allowed to cool (I used gluten free brown rice pasta)
- 3 avocado
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 handful of fresh Thai basil, chopped ( 1 tsp dry)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Sriricha sauce for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool.
- In a blender or vitamix combine avocado, lime juice, coconut milk, garlic, jalapeno, salt, and Thai basil; blend until smooth adding extra coconut milk until you have reached desired consistency.
- In a large bowl toss pasta with the sauce. Serve garnished with chopped basil and a liberal dose of sriricha.